(Redirected from Help:New Journal)
How to add a new journal
If you add a new empirical study or replication that was published in a journal that is not yet covered in the wiki, you need to follow these steps:
- Please go to the Acronym of Journal directory, here you can find all journals that have been included into the wiki.
- Select the "Edit" tab located at the top of the wiki.
- Now you can enter missing journals to the list. Please follow the naming convention:
- Journal Name, Journal Category|Journal Acronym, link towards the main page of the journal.
- Please consider the following example as a reference:
- | American Economic Review || [[:Category:AER|AER]] ||[http://www.aeaweb.org/aer/index.php]
- Note: Consider that the journals are sorted alphabetically. Include also the symbols, brackets (e.g. |- , | , || , [[ ) and the second row of code as seen in the example. It is easiest to just copy the format of another journal already in the list. Please use the option "show preview" before you save the page to ensure that after your changes the table still works.
- After saving your changes, the wiki takes you back to the Acronym of Journal directory. The new journal appears in the table, but the link towards the journal category is red because it does not exist yet. To alter that, you have to click on it.
- Now you need to enter the full name of the journal, e.g., American Economic Review, add [[Category:Journal]] and save the page. For detailed information about the subcategories, refer to Help:Category.
- Finally, in order to make sure the classification has been created as a journal go to Category:Journal.